Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite Foldable Lightweight Mobility Scooter
Stock: See StockIn Stock
Stock status can change very rapidly - an item might come back in stock before we update this or might have sold out.
We highly recommend you call or chat with us for a 100% stock status.
Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite SPECIFICATIONS
|Frame material||Magnesium Alloy|
|Maximum Speed||4 mph|
|Maximum Range||10 miles|
|Weight Capacity (without battery)||33 lbs|
|Weight Capacity (with battery)||37.5 lbs|
|Weight Capacity||265 lbs|
|Maximum Climbing Angle||6°|
|Folded Dimension (L x W x H)||26" x 22" x 15"|
|Front Wheel Size||8"|
|Rear Wheel Size||10"|
|Motor||180W, 24VDC Hub Motor|
|Battery||24V DC, 10Ah Lithium Ion , 240 Wh|
|Charger||Input 110-220 VAC, 50/60 Hz, Output 29.4V 2A|
|Main Switch||Push Button|
|Number of Wheels||3|
|Type of Use||Pavement and Indoor|
How fast does the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite go?
At full speed, you can reach 4 mph.
You will find some other brands offer scooters that go faster than this, however high quality brands put a high emphasis on safety too.
In order for a mobility scooter to go faster than around 10 mph, the heavy investment must be made to ensure it stays just as safe.
How long do the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite batteries last per charge? How many years of use can I get out of the batteries?
Battery running time per charge is measured in miles as opposed to time i.e. how many miles can a fully charged set of batteries take the scooter?
The answer depends on the user’s weight as well as the kind of terrain the scooter is operated upon.
Please take these manufacturer figures with a grain of salt, bearing in mind manufacturers may test their scooters in optimum conditions you won’t find in real life.
For an Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter, the batteries last: 10 miles.
The lifetime of your eFOLDI batteries is approximately 3 years, but very much depends on how much you use your scooter and whether you take good care of your batteries.
Lithium-ion batteries can be expensive to replace, please be in contact with us for a quote.
What kind of batteries are used in the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite?
This mobility scooter uses lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are maintenance-free, meaning you don’t need to add water to them or anything like that.
They happily stay under their shroud for the duration of their lifetime and you shouldn’t need to do anything to them at all.
Lithium-ion batteries can be expensive to replace, please contact us if you require more information.
This model has lithium batteries which are airline safe.
Will the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite seat fit me?
This scooter's seat size is narrower than non travel seats, since this is a folding travel scooter and everything is going to be more compact.
The seatback on folding travel scooters is also less comfortable than heavy duty scooters, and this scooter has no armrests.
How much weight can the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite carry?
What kind of ground clearance does the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite have? Is it good for paths and trails?
Since the eFOLDI Lite is a folding travel scooter, it is not designed for off-road use, dirt paths and grass.
It will probably be able to cope with short stretches of such terrain but not consistent, prolonged use. This scooter works best indoors, and on paved outdoor surfaces.
How big is the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite? Will it fit indoors and how sharp does it turn?
The Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. This scooter has a tight turning radius and is fine for use inside houses and apartments.
The turning radius of the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite scooter is 40”.
Options & Upgrades
How do I add accessories to the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite? Which Accessories are available?
Do you offer any free accessories with the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite?
Will the accessories ship together and installed on the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite?
How to Purchase & What's Included
Why is the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite so expensive?
Does Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance help pay for the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite?
What do I need to do to purchase the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite scooter online/over the phone?
What happens after my order for the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite is placed?
What comes included/free with the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite?
- Batteries are included and installed.
- Standard shipping is free.
- FREE Afi Kit - Rain Poncho and Key chain (select in options section)
- We also offer a free armrest saddle bag!
Financing & Monthly Payments
Shipping, Warranty & Returns
How long from the time of order until I get my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter?
- If an item is showing IN STOCK above, the estimated ship out time is 2-3 business days, but this can change based on the options and upgrades you choose. Add to that transit times, usually between 2 and 6 business days, depending on your distance from Florida and how rural/urban your address is. (Some very rural areas take a little longer)
If an Afiscooter is showing LEAD TIME with a number of weeks indicated, the estimated ship out time is that lead time plus standard ship out and transit time indicated in the paragraph above.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as having a lead time, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as having a lead time.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as out of stock, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as in stock.
Why are there such long lead times on some mobility scooters?
My Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter is showing a long lead time above. Why should I buy a scooter now if in any case I won’t get it right away?
Unfortunately, the way things are nowadays, with delays across the entire supply chain, if you wait until there is no lead time on your scooter, you might end up waiting forever. As soon as new stock comes in, it is assigned to orders that were already placed, sometimes weeks in advance. We don’t know how soon the situation will get better - and it may actually get worse before getting better again.
For this reason, customers are placing their orders as soon as they are able, to be placed on the list for as soon as the next scooters are ready to ship.
Where will my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter ship from?
Who will ship my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter?
How does the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter arrive – is any setup required?
- Your scooter will be boxed in cardboard and fastened with the use of tie-downs. We advise you to come prepared with a sharp pair of scissors/knife.
- You can simply cut the cardboard box open, cut the tie downs and roll your scooter off the crate.
- Your scooter will be partially charged, enough to ride it into your home for charging.
- Note the wheels might have some air let out for safety during transit. You should top them up to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer in the user’s manual.
- The seat will be folded down. There will be a lever at the side of the seat allowing you to raise it.
- The tiller may be folded down too. Simply move the tiller into position as per the manual instructions, allowing you to raise it to driving position.
Who can I contact post-sale with questions on my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter?
How do I book a delivery appointment slot for my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter?
What if I miss my delivery appointment slot for my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter?
What if my order hasn’t arrived by the time it was supposed to?
What happens if my order for an Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter is damaged?
- When your scooter arrives, do not sign any forms until you have opened the boxes and ascertained that everything is as it should be.
- If the external boxes are damaged, make sure to note this next to your signature. Make sure to inspect the contents before signing.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that the entire scooter needs to be replaced, just refuse the entire delivery.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that a spare part needs to be sent out and installed (eg a broken mirror), accept the delivery, and list any damaged items next to your signature.
- If you find damage after having signed for delivery without any damage notes, this can be really problematic as the shipping company may try to shift the blame onto you. This is why it’s important to check for damage, especially if the outside boxes are damaged.
What happens if my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter breaks down?
If your scooter malfunctions, please contact us.
Sometimes we are able to troubleshoot with you over the phone to fix the issue. In other cases, it’s a matter of shipping out a simple part, say if a knob needs replacing, under warranty conditions.
If necessary, we will send out a technician to your home to repair your scooter within 2 years of purchase, or longer if you purchased further warranty plans in the “Options & Upgrades” section on this page. This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
Depending on your location, it might take a few days to locate a local technician, arrange an appointment etc. This warranty service is not intended as an emergency breakdown service. If you are stuck and need urgent help, call 911.
Please note, it’s really important we don’t send technicians out for nothing, so to be open with you from the start, we will let you know that if a technician comes out for a problem which isn’t under warranty or was a user error, you may be charged for this visit.
Do I call you or the manufacturer if my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter breaks down?
How long does the warranty on Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter last for? What’s included/excluded from the warranty?
The in-home warranty on all Afiscooter mobility scooters is for 2 years from date of purchase.
This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
You can also add one extra year of this service as an optional upgrade HERE.
What can I do after the warranty period? Can I get spare parts for Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter? Who repairs these scooters and where?
After the warranty period, you are still welcome to contact us at any time.
Parts are available through us or the manufacturer, though you will be charged for these.
If you need someone to install parts or for other labor services post-warranty, the same local technicians that repair your scooter under warranty can do so at a charge post-warranty.
Technicians are available throughout the contiguous USA.Contact us for help finding a tech, or for more details.
What if I don't like my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter? Can I return or exchange it?
Yes, returns are possible. Please see our returns policy.
Documentation, Manuals & Safety
Do I need vehicle insurance to ride the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter as is needed with a motor vehicle?
May the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter be driven on the road?
May the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter be driven on pedestrian sidewalks?
Though we cannot guarantee for all states and localities, wherever we have put this question to the law enforcement of any particular area, we have always been told that since this mobility scooter is used by and designed for disabled people, it may be ridden on pedestrian sidewalks, as long as this is done within reason.
This means riding at a safe speed where others are around and being considerate of the other users that share the sidewalk.
How can I avoid my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter from being stolen?
- Your Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter comes with a unique ignition key, and much like a car, cannot be started without it.
- You can easily attach a motion alarm which is triggered if someone moves the scooter whilst it’s locked. For more information on these alarms, please call us at 1-888-233-5563.
- You can also purchase a GPS tracker which beams the current location of your scooter wherever it is. This way, even if a thief takes your scooter, you and the police can track its exact location.
- It’s best to store your scooter indoors if you’re able to do so.
Does the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter have lights for nighttime riding? Does it have turn signals?
Daily Operation & Transportation
Is the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite Recreational mobility scooter easy to drive? How does acceleration work? How does braking work?
The Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter is super easy to drive and control.
Remember, this is a scooter which was designed from scratch for seniors and those with disabilities. It takes into account that you might have slower reaction times and has automatic braking whenever you let go of the throttle.
It also features slow-speed mode for confined areas or whilst you’re building up your driving skills and want to go a little slower.
Acceleration/reverse is achieved by a lever in the handlebars, and braking is automatic when you let go of the brakes.
Due to the safety automatic brakes which kick in every time you let go of the throttle, your driving might seem a little jerky at first, but most people catch on very quickly and learn to use the throttle and brakes in a way that gives a smooth ride.
I only have use of my left hand. Can the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter work for left handed users? Can the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter be operated with one hand?
This scooter uses wig-wag throttle acceleration, meaning you can control it with one hand, without any modifications needed.
Can I ride the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter in the rain, snow, wind and hot sun?
- Rain: It’s OK and safe if you get caught in the rain once in a while, or go through an occasional puddle, but you should try to avoid a trip if you know it’s going to rain.
- Snow and ice: We cannot take responsibility for using the scooter in these kinds of weather conditions.
- Cold weather: Fine, though it does negatively impact the battery health and lifetime.
- Wind: Generally not an issue unless very strong winds that could tip the scooter over. If you have a mobility scooter with a canopy, remember, very strong winds can act as a sail to tip over your scooter.
- Hot sun: No issue as far as the scooter is concerned. Remember to take along ample hydration!
Do the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter batteries need maintenance?
This mobility scooter uses maintenance-free batteries which do not need any care until they die, after around 3 years of use.
How often should my Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter be inspected?
It’s a good idea to have your scooter checked once a year by a qualified technician.
Call us 1-888-233-5563 to get details on a local technician in your area.
You should also call us or a local tech if you hear strange noises coming out of your scooter.
How many years can I expect the Afiscooter eFOLDI Lite mobility scooter to last me?
Since Afikim/Afiscooter is such a good quality brand, we say you can expect at least 7 years out of your model. We wouldn’t be surprised if yours lasts 10 years or more.
This obviously depends on the way you take care of your scooter amongst other factors.