Shoprider Flagship Cabin Enclosed Mobility Scooter
Stock: See StockIn Stock
Stock status can change very rapidly - an item might come back in stock before we update this or might have sold out.
We highly recommend you call or chat with us for a 100% stock status.
ALL Shoprider Flagship SPECIFICATIONS
|Overall Dimensions: L1 x W x H||63”x 29”x 64”|
|Number, Size of Tires|
|Front||2 , 12.5”|
|Rear||2 , 12.5”|
|Total Weight (w/ batteries, basket, seat)||328 lb|
|Suggested User Weight||Max. 350 lb|
|Each Battery Module Weight (12v-75amp x2)||57 x2 lb|
|Battery Module Capacity||12V36/50/75Ah x 2|
|Output Power of Motor||2 hp|
|Maximum Speed||7 mph|
|Range2 (per charge w/ STD 12AH Battery / 90 kg User Weight) (After the battery and mechanical moving parts fully break in)||75, 50 (31) mi|
|Climbing||12 degrees (21%)|
How fast does the Shoprider Flagship go?
At full speed, you can reach 7 mph top speed.
If a faster top speed is important to you, please check out our collection of recreational mobility scooters, pre-selected for faster speeds.
How long do the Shoprider Flagship batteries last per charge? How many years of use can I get out of the batteries?
Battery running time per charge is measured in miles as opposed to time i.e. how many miles can a fully charged set of batteries take the scooter?
The answer depends on the user’s weight as well as the kind of terrain the scooter is operated upon.
Please take these manufacturer figures with a grain of salt, bearing in mind manufacturers may test their scooters in optimum conditions you won’t find in real life.
For a Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter, the batteries last: 31 miles.
The lifetime of your Shoprider Flagship batteries is approximately 2 years, but very much depends on how much you use your scooter and whether you take good care of your batteries.
The cost of replacing a set of Shoprider Flagship batteries is approximately $429.
What kind of batteries are used in the Shoprider Flagship?
This mobility scooter uses sealed lead acid (SLA) batteries. These batteries are maintenance free, meaning you don’t need to add water to them or anything like that.
They happily stay under their shroud for the duration of their lifetime and you shouldn’t need to do anything to them at all.
Lithium-ion batteries are not used, primarily due to cost. With batteries expiring after 2-3 years, the cost of replacing lithium batteries for a machine this size would run into several thousand dollars, vs. gel-cell which is more around the $500 mark.
Will the Shoprider Flagship seat fit me?
This scooter’s seat width is 18”.
This is a great seat size for most people and is more generous than most standard/travel mobility scooters.
If in doubt, we recommend measuring a chair in your house that you're comfortable on, to compare sizes.
How much weight can the Shoprider Flagship carry?
The weight capacity of the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter is 350 lbs.
How big is the Shoprider Flagship? Will it fit indoors and how sharp does it turn?
The Shoprider Flagship is not intended for use around the house. As far as stores are concerned, you can use it in large stores such as Walmart and in malls, but it may not fit in smaller supermarkets.
The Shoprider Flagship has a turning radius of 70”.
Options & Upgrades
How do I add accessories to the Flagship? Which Accessories are available?
Do you offer any free accessories with the Flagship?
Will the accessories ship together and installed on the Shoprider Flagship?
How to Purchase & What's Included
Why are mobility scooters so expensive?
Does Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance help pay for the Shoprider Flagship?
What do I need to do to purchase the Shoprider Flagship online/over the phone?
What happens after my order for the Shoprider Flagship is placed?
What comes included/free with the Shoprider Flagship?
- Batteries are included.
- Standard shipping is free.
- Your scooter comes with a charger.
- We also offer a free armrest saddle bag!
Financing & Monthly Payments
Shipping, Warranty & Returns
How long from the time of order until I get my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter?
- If an item is showing IN STOCK above, the estimated ship out time is 2-3 business days, but this can change based on the options and upgrades you choose. Add to that transit times, usually between 2 and 6 business days, depending on your distance from California and how rural/urban your address is. (Some very rural areas take a little longer)
If a Shoprider Flagship scooter is showing LEAD TIME with a number of weeks indicated, the estimated ship out time is that lead time plus standard ship out and transit time indicated in the paragraph above.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as having a lead time, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as having a lead time.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as out of stock, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as in stock.
Why are there such long lead times on some mobility scooters?
My scooter is showing a long lead time above. Why should I buy a scooter now if in any case I won’t get it right away?
Unfortunately, the way things are nowadays, with delays across the entire supply chain, if you wait until there is no lead time on your scooter, you might end up waiting forever. As soon as new stock comes in, it is assigned to orders that were already placed, sometimes weeks in advance. We don’t know how soon the situation will get better - and it may actually get worse before getting better again.
For this reason, customers are placing their orders as soon as they are able, to be placed on the list for as soon as the next scooters are ready to ship.
Where will my scooter ship from?
Who will ship my mobility scooter?
How does the Shoprider Flagship mobibility scooter arrive – is any setup required?
We are always here to help you over the phone with assembly.
You may need to:
- Install the batteries.
- Put the seat on its post.
- The wheels might have some air let out for safety during transit. You should top them up to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer in the user’s manual.
- The tiller may be folded down too. Simply move the tiller into position as per the manual instructions, allowing you to raise it to driving position.
- Mirrors may need to be screwed into the handlebars.
Who can I contact post-sale with questions on my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter?
How do I book a delivery appointment slot for my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter?
What if I miss my delivery appointment slot for my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter?
What if my order hasn’t arrived by the time it was supposed to?
What happens if my order for an Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter is damaged?
- When your scooter arrives, do not sign any forms until you have opened the boxes and ascertained that everything is as it should be.
- If the external boxes are damaged, make sure to note this next to your signature. Make sure to inspect the contents before signing.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that the entire scooter needs to be replaced, just refuse the entire delivery.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that a spare part needs to be sent out and installed (eg a broken mirror), accept the delivery, and list any damaged items next to your signature.
- If you find damage after having signed for delivery without any damage notes, this can be really problematic as the shipping company may try to shift the blame onto you. This is why it’s important to check for damage, especially if the outside boxes are damaged.
What happens if my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter breaks down?
If your scooter malfunctions, please contact us.
Sometimes we are able to troubleshoot with you over the phone to fix the issue. In other cases, it’s a matter of shipping out a simple part, say if a knob needs replacing, under warranty conditions.
If necessary, we will send out a technician to your home to repair your scooter within 1 year of purchase, or longer if you purchased further warranty plans in the “Options & Upgrades” section on this page. This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
Depending on your location, it might take a few days to locate a local technician, arrange an appointment etc. This warranty service is not intended as an emergency breakdown service. If you are stuck and need urgent help, call 911.
Please note, it’s really important we don’t send technicians out for nothing, so to be open with you from the start, we will let you know that if a technician comes out for a problem which isn’t under warranty or was a user error, you may be charged for this visit.
Do I call you or the manufacturer if my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter breaks down?
How long does the warranty on Shoprider Flagship mobility scooters last for? What’s included/excluded from the warranty?
We offer a free in-home warranty of 1 year from date of purchase on all Shoprider Flagship mobility scooters.
This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
What can I do after the warranty period? Can I get spare parts for Shoprider Flagship mobility scooters? Who repairs these scooters and where?
After the warranty period, you are still welcome to contact us at any time.
Parts are available through us or the manufacturer, though you will be charged for these.
If you need someone to install parts or for other labor services post-warranty, the same local technicians that repair your scooter under warranty can do so at a charge post-warranty.
Technicians are available throughout the contiguous USA.Contact us for help finding a tech, or for more details.
What if I don't like my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter? Can I return or exchange it?
Yes, returns are possible. Please see our returns policy.
Documentation, Manuals & Safety
Do I need vehicle insurance to ride the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter as is needed with a motor vehicle?
May the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter be driven on the road?
May the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter be driven on pedestrian sidewalks?
Though we cannot guarantee for all states and localities, wherever we have put this question to the law enforcement of any particular area, we have always been told that since this mobility scooter is used by and designed for disabled people, it may be ridden on pedestrian sidewalks, as long as this is done within reason.
This means riding at a safe speed where others are around and being considerate of the other users that share the sidewalk.
How can I avoid my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter from being stolen?
- Your Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter comes with a unique ignition key, and much like a car, cannot be started without it.
- You can easily attach a motion alarm which is triggered if someone moves the scooter whilst it’s locked. For more information on these alarms, please call us at 1-888-233-5563.
- You can also purchase a GPS tracker which beams the current location of your scooter wherever it is. This way, even if a thief takes your scooter, you and the police can track its exact location.
- It’s best to store your scooter indoors if you’re able to do so.
Does the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter have lights for nighttime riding? Does it have turn signals?
Daily Operation & Transportation
Is the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter easy to drive? How does acceleration work? How does braking work?
The Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter is super easy to drive and control.
Remember, this is a scooter which was designed from scratch for seniors and those with disabilities. It takes into account that you might have slower reaction times and has automatic braking whenever you let go of the throttle.
It also features slow-speed mode for confined areas or whilst you’re building up your driving skills and want to go a little slower.
Acceleration/reverse is achieved by a lever in the handlebars, and braking is automatic when you let go of the brakes.
Due to the safety automatic brakes which kick in every time you let go of the throttle, your driving might seem a little jerky at first, but most people catch on very quickly and learn to use the throttle and brakes in a way that gives a smooth ride.
I only have use of my left hand. Can the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter work for left handed users? Can the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter be operated with one hand?
This scooter uses wig-wag throttle acceleration, meaning you can control it with one hand, without any modifications needed.
Can I ride the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter in the rain, snow, wind and hot sun?
- Rain: It’s OK and safe if you get caught in the rain once in a while, or go through an occasional puddle, but you should try to avoid a trip if you know it’s going to rain.
- Snow and ice: We cannot take responsibility for using the scooter in these kinds of weather conditions.
- Cold weather: Fine, though it does negatively impact the battery health and lifetime.
- Wind: Generally not an issue unless very strong winds that could tip the scooter over. If you have a mobility scooter with a canopy, remember, very strong winds can act as a sail to tip over your scooter.
- Hot sun: No issue as far as the scooter is concerned. Remember to take along ample hydration!
Do the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter batteries need maintenance?
This mobility scooter uses maintenance-free batteries which do not need any care until they die, after around 2 years of use.
How often should my Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter be inspected?
It’s a good idea to have your scooter checked once a year by a qualified technician.
Call us 1-888-233-5563 to get details on a local technician in your area.
You should also call us or a local tech if you hear strange noises coming out of your scooter.
How many years can I expect the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter to last me?
For this kind of mobility scooter, you can expect to get a lifetime of around 7 years or more.
This obviously depends on the way you take care of your scooter amongst other factors.
Will the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter fit in my car trunk/truck bed?
This scooter will not fit in the vast majority of car trunks. It will however fit on most pickup truck beds.
If you’re planning on transporting your mobility scooter on a pickup truck bed, you’ll probably need a ramp to get the scooter up onto the truck bed.
I don’t have a large enough vehicle to transport the Shoprider Flagship mobility scooter. What are my options?
- Electric lift: The most common solution is to purchase a platform-style vehicle lift, which sits on your trailer hitch.
If you don’t have a trailer hitch on your vehicle, you’ll need to have one installed. The platform lowers right down to road level, you ride the scooter onto the platform, secure the scooter with provided straps and then activate a lift which raises the platform a few feet off the ground. You’ll need a vehicle that can take a max tongue weight of at least 500 lbs, so this won’t work for saloon and hatchback vehicles.
Explore our electric lifts collection.
- Manual Platform: Like an electric lift, this has a platform which sits on your trailer hitch, but this platform does not rise and decened, instead, it has a built-in ramp which flips out, allowing you to roll the scooter up onto the platform.
You’ll need a vehicle that can take a max tongue weight of at least 500 lbs, so this won’t work for saloon and hatchback vehicles.
Explore our collection of manual platforms.
- Scooter trailer: This is a full-fledged trailer on its own wheels, which attaches to your trailer hitch.
There is just one company that designs and produces a trailer specifically for mobility scooters, or you can just get any generic trailer whose specifications match the S4 in terms of weight and dimensions.
WExplore our collection of scooter trailers.