Afiscooter SE 2 Seater Mobility Scooter Motorcycle Style
Stock: See StockIn Stock
Stock status can change very rapidly - an item might come back in stock before we update this or might have sold out.
We highly recommend you call or chat with us for a 100% stock status.
Key Features of the Afiscooter SE Dual
- FREE 2-year in-home warranty on parts and labor
- 33” seating width, so you can ride with friend or pet easily
- Cool retro style and black and chrome color combination
- 24V very powerful 1300W motor
- Maximum weight capacity option of 550lbs
- Speed capabilities of up to 7.5mph with rear wheel drive
- Tight turning radius of just 45”, ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Super incline rating capabilities
- Comprehensive safety features including horn and headlight
- Rear storage basket and available customization options
A Look at the Afiscooter SE Dual Seat Mobility ScooterAfiscooter is a company that has been making mobility scooters for all mobility challenged individuals since 1978. Their innovative designs and keen ear for listening to what their customers want has provided some of the best mobility devices on the market and they are continuing that rich tradition with the Afiscooter SE Dual. Upon looking at this mobility device, it is easy to see why it is so unique. The design of the Afiscooter SE Dual is based on the classic chopper design of popular motorcycles. Sweeping chrome attributes coupled with larger than average wheels make the Afiscooter SE Dual stand out in the crowd. The design also attributes to the mobility device’s ability to contend with rugged outdoor terrain. However, the Afiscooter SE Dual is not merely a unique design, but one that features a variety of comfort attributes users can really enjoy. Easy to user speed controls, comprehensive braking system, and versatile safety features ensure that users can manage their mobility. The ability to bring a friend, family member, or even a pet along for the ride is an added bonus. With the Afiscooter SE Dual, riders never have to feel alone and with a full weight capacity of 550lbs. with options to upgrade the dual suspension system to hold even more weight. The Afiscooter SE Dual Seat mobility scooter will be your constant companion applicable for all your mobility needs.
Travel Anytime of the Day with ConfidenceTravel sets people free from the confines of their homes and when you have mobility challenges, concern for going out is common. However, the Afiscooter SE Dual Seat mobility scooter is not your everyday, average mobility device. It has been configured to be among the top end, heavy duty mobility scooters on the market today. Large capacity wheels grip the ground like a pro and provide a sturdy, dependable format for both indoor and outdoor traveling needs. When venturing out in the evening, riders can rest assured they will have the ability to drive even in dim light. The onboard headlight feature offers a bright light in the darkest of areas. Additionally, the smart light feature dims when the device is not moving to conserve battery life. The available headlight, horn, back up indicator, and easy to read battery life indicator will help you travel with confidence during the day and when the sun goes down.
Power and Rugged DependabilityThe Afiscooter SE Dual is rated for speeds up to 7.5mph and can travel up to 28 miles on a single charge. A powerful 130-watt motor provides rear wheel thrust to contend with up to 20% inclines and various terrain challenges. In addition to applicable power provided by the motor and dual 12V 73Ah batteries, the mobility scooter features large 12” rear tires and a single 10” front tire, all pneumatic, for a powerful all-terrain format. Piloting the Afiscooter SE dual seat mobility scooter is easy as controls are managed on the cleverly designed, chopper inspired handlebar system. Controls for various speed ratings, half and full, are managed with the flick of the speed switch and smart braking ensures that the device never goes too fast when driving down hills. The Afiscooter SE Dual is among the safest and most dependable mobility scooters on the market today.
Does it Come with a Warranty?Afiscooter is a company that backs all their mobility devices with a comprehensive 2 year warranty. This ensures that parts and labor are covered for the first 2 years you have your Afiscooter SE dual seat mobility scooter. They also make it easy to upgrade to a 3 year plan as well. Afiscooters are backed by a warranty you can believe in from a company you can trust. Choose a 2 seater mobility scooter and bring joy to your shared journeys.
ALL Afiscooter SE SPECIFICATIONS
|Overall Width||Standard Wheels||36"|
|Travel Range||28 miles|
|Maximum speed||7.5 mph|
|Max Climbing Angle||15 degrees (20%)|
|Front Tires||20" Diameter|
|Rear Tires||24" Diameter|
|Battery type||Two||12V 73Ah|
|Power unit||Rear-wheel drive||24V DC motor | 1,300W|
|Charger type||8 AMP|
|Color||Black & Chrome|
How fast does the Afiscooter SE go?
How long do the Afiscooter SE batteries last per charge? How many years of use can I get out of the batteries?
What kind of batteries are used in the Afiscooter SE?
Will the Afiscooter SE seat fit me?
I’m a tall person. Will there be enough legroom for me in the Afiscooter SE dual seat mobility scooter?
How much weight can the Afiscooter SE carry?
What kind of ground clearance does the Afiscooter SE have? Is it good for paths and trails?
How big is the Afiscooter SE? Will it fit indoors and how sharp does it turn?
Options & Upgrades
How do I add accessories to the Afiscooter SE? Which Accessories are available?
Do you offer any free accessories with the Afiscooter SE?
Will the accessories ship together and installed on the Afiscooter SE?
How to Purchase & What's Included
Why is the Afiscooter SE so expensive?
Does Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance help pay for the Afiscooter SE?
What do I need to do to purchase the Afiscooter SE scooter online/over the phone?
What happens after my order for the Afiscooter SE is placed?
What comes included/free with the Afiscooter SE?
- Batteries are included and installed.
- Standard shipping is free.
- Your scooter comes with a charger and 2 rearview mirrors.
- FREE Afi Kit - Rain Poncho and Key chain (select in options section)
- We also offer a free armrest saddle bag!
Financing & Monthly Payments
Shipping, Warranty & Returns
How long from the time of order until I get my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter?
- If an item is showing IN STOCK above, the estimated ship out time is 2-3 business days, but this can change based on the options and upgrades you choose. Add to that transit times, usually between 2 and 6 business days, depending on your distance from Florida and how rural/urban your address is. (Some very rural areas take a little longer)
If an Afiscooter is showing LEAD TIME with a number of weeks indicated, the estimated ship out time is that lead time plus standard ship out and transit time indicated in the paragraph above.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as having a lead time, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as having a lead time.
Please note, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers/manufacturers. If we are showing an item as out of stock, it’s almost certainly the same for other dealers who might not have the most up-to-date information on the websites and may show the item as in stock.
Why are there such long lead times on some mobility scooters?
My Afiscooter SE mobility scooter is showing a long lead time above. Why should I buy a scooter now if in any case I won’t get it right away?
Unfortunately, the way things are nowadays, with delays across the entire supply chain, if you wait until there is no lead time on your scooter, you might end up waiting forever. As soon as new stock comes in, it is assigned to orders that were already placed, sometimes weeks in advance. We don’t know how soon the situation will get better - and it may actually get worse before getting better again.
For this reason, customers are placing their orders as soon as they are able, to be placed on the list for as soon as the next scooters are ready to ship.
Where will my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter ship from?
Who will ship my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter?
How does the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter arrive – is any setup required?
- Your scooter will be boxed in cardboard and fastened with the use of tie-downs. We advise you to come prepared with a sharp pair of scissors/knife.
- You can simply cut the cardboard box open, cut the tie downs and roll your scooter off the crate.
- Your scooter will be partially charged, enough to ride it into your home for charging.
- Note the wheels might have some air let out for safety during transit. You should top them up to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer in the user’s manual.
- The seat will be folded down. There will be a lever at the side of the seat allowing you to raise it.
- The tiller may be folded down too. Simply move the tiller into position as per the manual instructions, allowing you to raise it to driving position.
- There will be a set of keys to turn the scooter on. The keys may be located in the front glove compartment, under the scooter tied down to the crate or inside the rear lockbox.
- If you added a rear lockbox, this does not come assembled on the scooter but is very easily attached by the use of 4 screws (supplied).
- Mirrors may need to be screwed into the handlebars.
Who can I contact post-sale with questions on my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter?
How do I book a delivery appointment slot for my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter?
What if I miss my delivery appointment slot for my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter?
What if my order hasn’t arrived by the time it was supposed to?
What happens if my order for an Afiscooter SE mobility scooter is damaged?
- When your scooter arrives, do not sign any forms until you have opened the boxes and ascertained that everything is as it should be.
- If the external boxes are damaged, make sure to note this next to your signature. Make sure to inspect the contents before signing.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that the entire scooter needs to be replaced, just refuse the entire delivery.
- If your scooter is damaged in a way that a spare part needs to be sent out and installed (eg a broken mirror), accept the delivery, and list any damaged items next to your signature.
- If you find damage after having signed for delivery without any damage notes, this can be really problematic as the shipping company may try to shift the blame onto you. This is why it’s important to check for damage, especially if the outside boxes are damaged.
What happens if my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter breaks down?
If your scooter malfunctions, please contact us.
Sometimes we are able to troubleshoot with you over the phone to fix the issue. In other cases, it’s a matter of shipping out a simple part, say if a knob needs replacing, under warranty conditions.
If necessary, we will send out a technician to your home to repair your scooter within 2 years of purchase, or longer if you purchased further warranty plans in the “Options & Upgrades” section on this page. This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
Depending on your location, it might take a few days to locate a local technician, arrange an appointment etc. This warranty service is not intended as an emergency breakdown service. If you are stuck and need urgent help, call 911.
Please note, it’s really important we don’t send technicians out for nothing, so to be open with you from the start, we will let you know that if a technician comes out for a problem which isn’t under warranty or was a user error, you may be charged for this visit.
Do I call you or the manufacturer if my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter breaks down?
How long does the warranty on Afiscooter SE mobility scooter last for? What’s included/excluded from the warranty?
The in-home warranty on all Afiscooter mobility scooters is for 2 years from date of purchase.
This includes everything besides wear & tear (such as seat wear, flat tire etc.) and the batteries, which are covered for 1 year by their manufacturer.
You can also add one extra year of this service as an optional upgrade HERE.
What can I do after the warranty period? Can I get spare parts for Afiscooter SE mobility scooter? Who repairs these scooters and where?
After the warranty period, you are still welcome to contact us at any time.
Parts are available through us or the manufacturer, though you will be charged for these.
If you need someone to install parts or for other labor services post-warranty, the same local technicians that repair your scooter under warranty can do so at a charge post-warranty.
Technicians are available throughout the contiguous USA.Contact us for help finding a tech, or for more details.
What if I don't like my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter? Can I return or exchange it?
Yes, returns are possible. Please see our returns policy.
Documentation, Manuals & Safety
Do I need vehicle insurance to ride the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter as is needed with a motor vehicle?
May the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter be driven on the road?
May the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter be driven on pedestrian sidewalks?
Though we cannot guarantee for all states and localities, wherever we have put this question to the law enforcement of any particular area, we have always been told that since this mobility scooter is used by and designed for disabled people, it may be ridden on pedestrian sidewalks, as long as this is done within reason.
This means riding at a safe speed where others are around and being considerate of the other users that share the sidewalk.
How can I avoid my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter from being stolen?
- Your Afiscooter SE mobility scooter comes with a unique ignition key, and much like a car, cannot be started without it.
- You can easily attach a motion alarm which is triggered if someone moves the scooter whilst it’s locked. For more information on these alarms, please call us at 1-888-233-5563.
- You can also purchase a GPS tracker which beams the current location of your scooter wherever it is. This way, even if a thief takes your scooter, you and the police can track its exact location.
- It’s best to store your scooter indoors if you’re able to do so.
Does the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter have lights for nighttime riding? Does it have turn signals?
Daily Operation & Transportation
Is the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter easy to drive? How does acceleration work? How does braking work?
The Afiscooter SE mobility scooter is super easy to drive and control.
Remember, this is a scooter which was designed from scratch for seniors and those with disabilities. It takes into account that you might have slower reaction times and has automatic braking whenever you let go of the throttle.
It also features slow-speed mode for confined areas or whilst you’re building up your driving skills and want to go a little slower.
Acceleration/reverse is achieved by a lever in the handlebars, and braking is automatic when you let go of the brakes.
Due to the safety automatic brakes which kick in every time you let go of the throttle, your driving might seem a little jerky at first, but most people catch on very quickly and learn to use the throttle and brakes in a way that gives a smooth ride.
I only have use of my left hand. Can the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter work for left handed users? Can the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter be operated with one hand?
This scooter’s throttle/accelerator lever can be placed either on the right or left side. Please ask us for this modification before ordering.
With a scooter that has automatic braking which kicks in as soon as you let go of the throttle, you only need one hand to activate the accelerator, drive and stop.
It is also possible to steer the scooter with the same hand you’re using for the throttle lever, though this is a slightly harder way to drive.
Can I ride the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter in the rain, snow, wind and hot sun?
- Rain: It’s OK and safe if you get caught in the rain once in a while, or go through an occasional puddle, but you should try to avoid a trip if you know it’s going to rain.
- Snow and ice: We cannot take responsibility for using the scooter in these kinds of weather conditions.
- Cold weather: Fine, though it does negatively impact the battery health and lifetime.
- Wind: Generally not an issue unless very strong winds that could tip the scooter over. If you have a mobility scooter with a canopy, remember, very strong winds can act as a sail to tip over your scooter.
- Hot sun: No issue as far as the scooter is concerned. Remember to take along ample hydration!
Do the Afiscooter S4 mobility scooter batteries need maintenance?
This mobility scooter uses maintenance-free batteries which do not need any care until they die, after around 2 years of use.
How often should my Afiscooter SE mobility scooter be inspected?
It’s a good idea to have your scooter checked once a year by a qualified technician.
Call us 1-888-233-5563 to get details on a local technician in your area.
You should also call us or a local tech if you hear strange noises coming out of your scooter.
How many years can I expect the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter to last me?
Since Afikim/Afiscooter is such a good quality brand, we say you can expect at least 7 years out of your model. We wouldn’t be surprised if yours lasts 10 years or more.
This obviously depends on the way you take care of your scooter amongst other factors.
Will the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter fit in my car trunk/truck bed?
This scooter will not fit in the vast majority of car trunks. It will however fit on most pickup truck beds.
If you’re planning on transporting your mobility scooter on a pickup truck bed, you’ll probably need a ramp to get the scooter up onto the truck bed.
I don’t have a large enough vehicle to transport the Afiscooter SE mobility scooter. What are my options?
- Electric lift: The most common solution is to purchase a platform-style vehicle lift, which sits on your trailer hitch.
If you don’t have a trailer hitch on your vehicle, you’ll need to have one installed. The platform lowers right down to road level, you ride the scooter onto the platform, secure the scooter with provided straps and then activate a lift which raises the platform a few feet off the ground. You’ll need a vehicle that can take a max tongue weight of at least 500 lbs, so this won’t work for saloon and hatchback vehicles.
Explore our electric lifts collection.
- Manual Platform: Like an electric lift, this has a platform which sits on your trailer hitch, but this platform does not rise and decened, instead, it has a built-in ramp which flips out, allowing you to roll the scooter up onto the platform.
You’ll need a vehicle that can take a max tongue weight of at least 500 lbs, so this won’t work for saloon and hatchback vehicles.
Explore our collection of manual platforms.
- Scooter trailer: This is a full-fledged trailer on its own wheels, which attaches to your trailer hitch.
There is just one company that designs and produces a trailer specifically for mobility scooters, or you can just get any generic trailer whose specifications match the S4 in terms of weight and dimensions.
Explore our collection of scooter trailers.