Heavy Duty Mobility ScootersShow Filters
Showing 37–45 of 45 results
- Out of stock
- -16% Out of stock
- -13% Out of stock
- -28% Out of stock
- -28% Out of stock
Showing 37–45 of 45 results
What does mobility scooter weight capacity mean?
Weight capacity means the amount of weight the scooter can handle bearing down on it. This means the weight of the driver, passengers, and any shopping or items you place on the scooter.
The weight of the actual scooter is not included here.
- Say you have a scooter with a 450 lb. weight capacity, you start your calculation at 0 lbs.
- Add passenger weight. For example, If you weigh 300 lbs., and are the sole passenger on the scooter, then add 300 lbs.
- Add cargo weight. For example, if you do not anticipate carrying more than 20 lbs. of cargo, add 20 lbs.
- That puts you at 320 lbs. – well within the 450 weight capacity of the scooter (with 120 lbs. to spare)
As mentioned above, you don’t need to weigh close to 400 lbs. in order to benefit from the advantages of heavy-duty mobility scooters. Remember – if a manufacturer creates a product capable of withstanding 400 lbs. or more, that means they have built it stronger than your average scooter. Even if you weigh 100 lbs., a heavy-duty mobility scooter for sale is a right choice if you want a scooter that is:
- Sturdily built – built to last
- Won’t break from bumpy roads or under higher than average stress
- Strong motor – great on inclines
- Great driving range (measured in miles) per charge
- Good quality wheels and tires
- Comfortable seat
- Able to carry heavy personal belongings or pets
- Of course, these can carry more weight so perfect if you are a heavier person and do weighing close to 400 lbs. or more
Bariatric & Heavy Passengers
If you are indeed a bariatric patient, a heavy-duty scooter is a must. It’s also a good idea to give yourself some space weight-capacity-wise. Eg, if you weigh 400 lbs., try to find a scooter with a max weight capacity of 450 lbs. or more.
Which brands manufacture the best heavy-duty mobility scooters?
This collection contains scooters from great brands such as:
- Afikim/Afiscooters – An Israeli brand with arguably the best quality and most comfortable mobility scooters. Afiscooter is so confident about their products, they offer 2 years of free in-home service (in addition to the standard warranty), and the ability to purchase cover plans for an extra year, totaling 3 years maximum.
- Merits USA – a top trusted brand in the durable medical equipment industry. On Merits Models, we at Heavy Duty Mobility offer you 1-year free in-home service (in addition to the standard warranty), and the ability to purchase cover plans for an extra 1 or 2 years, totaling 3 years maximum.
- Pushpak – an exciting new brand of e-mobility-trikes, focusing on 2-passenger models or even 3 passenger mobility scooters! Since it is a new and growing company, PushPak does not offer in-home service contracts, but all their scooter is under parts warranty and a personal, friendly team is there to assist if any problems arise.
- Shoprider – a well-established name in the mobility scooter industry, based in Torrance, California. On Shoprider Models, we at Heavy Duty Mobility offer you 1-year free in-home service (in addition to the standard warranty), and the ability to purchase cover plans for an extra 1 or 2 years, totaling 3 years maximum.
Notable Mentions: Best Heavy-Duty Mobility Scooter
The Afiscooter C3 is the ideal mobility scooter for anyone that desires a more robust model. They offer a truly heavy duty build format with the ability to carry up to 400lbs. With a max speed capacity of up to 9.3mph, this rear wheel drive, midsized mobility device contends with steep inclines with ease and maintains a range of up to 25 miles.
Designed with ergonomic controls with left and right hand controls, the Afiscooter C3 remains easy to operate for virtually any mobility challenged individual. Shock absorbing technology and an ultra-luxurious orthopedic seat help you maintain ultimate comfort throughout the ride. The Afiscooter C3 is a midsized model that maintains a 50” turning radius and multi-terrain capabilities.
- 2 Year Full Service Warranty
- Optimal Maneuverability
- Up to 85Ah Batteries
- Limited Color Choices
- Not Ideal for Inside Home Use
- 225lbs. Total Weight
With a range of up to 31 miles and a swift speed of 9.3mph the Afiscooter S4 can truly take you far, but this cleverly designed heavy duty mobility device is not merely about speed and range. The design of the Afiscooter S4 has enabled it to be given the coveted Red Dot Award due to its amazing ergonomics and ease of control. Though it is not foldable because it is a heavy duty mobility scooter. If you’re looking for a compact and easy-to-transport, you might consider a folding mobility scooter.
Users can control the Afiscooter S4 easily and with various speed controls all-terrain format makes it ideal for those who do not allow obstacles to get in their way. The Afiscooter S4 comes with a full 2 year complete warranty and many Afiscooter owners have enjoyed endless mobility for up to 15 years of continuous use without worry.
- Max Weight Capacity 450lbs.
- Energy Efficient LED Lighting Package
- 100Ah Battery Controlled
- 90” Turning Radius
- 364lbs. Total Weight
- Not Ideal for Air Travel
The heavy duty Enduro XL3 is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use with an impressive weight capacity of 500lbs. Due to its 3 wheel configuration, small, interior spaces are no problem for the Enduro XL3 with its 54” turning radius. The Enduro XL3 is engineered with wig wag controls, so there are no complicated controls for forward and reverse motion. This feature is ideal for anyone with dexterity concerns.
Speed capabilities for the Enduro XL3 are 5mph with a full range of up to 30 miles, so riders can enjoy long lasting range without worry. The convenient LCD display onboard the device offers the ability to keep a check on the overall health of the Enduro XL3 including speed and power left for the journey. With a full, bright lighting package, you can enjoy enhanced mobility day or night without fail.
- 4” Ground Clearance
- 12” Solid Flat Free Tires
- Full Suspension
- Limited Colors Available
- 222 lbs. Total Weight
- Restrictive Customization Options
How to use this page
Above see a list of products (all the products in our heavy-duty mobility scooter collection), and below the products you’ll find some more helpful information pertaining to heavy-duty mobility scooters, weight capacity brands and top models.
Click on any product you like, to be taken to that product’s dedicated page. On the product page see more information such as more images, videos, price, specifications, financing options as well as an add to cart button if you decide to purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the difference between a 3 wheel and a 4 wheel mobility scooter?
The difference between a 3 wheel and a 4 wheel mobility scooter primarily lies in their maneuverability and stability.
3 wheel turns sharper, 4 wheel is more stable. Both types have their own unique advantages and cater to different needs of users.
A 3-wheel scooter, with its tighter turning radius and extra legroom, is ideal for indoor use and navigating tight spaces. However, it’s less stable and not as well-suited for uneven outdoor terrains. On the other hand, a 4-wheel scooter, with its broader wheelbase, offers more stability and handles a variety of outdoor terrains better, but its larger turning radius makes it less maneuverable in confined spaces. Despite a slight reduction in legroom due to the two front wheels, most models remain comfortable.
2. What mobility scooter holds 350 pounds?
Many heavy duty mobility scooters that can comfortably hold 350 pounds or more.
For instance, the Merits Pioneer 9 and Pioneer 10 models and various Afikim/Afiscooters are all designed to support weights exceeding 350 pounds.
3. What is the weight limit on mobility scooters?
Mobility scooters typically have a weight limit ranging from 250 lbs for travel scooters to 600 pounds for heavy duty models.
Standard-sized scooters generally support 250 to 350 pounds, while heavy-duty models can handle up to 600 pounds. The exact limit depends on the model and it’s important to stay within this limit for optimal performance. For precise weight capacity, check the product manual or specification sheet of the particular model you’re interested in.